IT System Administrator
Antwerpen, BelgiumIT & Engineering
Hello! 👋 Are you the new System administrator we are looking for?
At Seafar, in this role you’re responsible for for all of the IT system and network administration for our Remote Operation Center (ROC) & as well as for the Vessels
🤓 Main responsibilities
- ROC (stations):
- hardware (joystick PLC, UPS, screens, cabling, firewall, switches…)
- software installation/configuration for new or existing vessels
- Become an ROC station application/services expert/consultant and test/support new or existing vessel integrations from the ROC station.
- 2nd level IT support for the operational team (captains/operators/traffic controller/…) in the ROC
- Hardware (firewall, switches, camera’s…)
- software installation/configuration for new or existing vessels (vessel control system)
- Become a vessel services/application expert/consultant and test/support new or existing vessel integrations from the ROC station.
- 2nd level IT support for the systems onboard of our vessels
- Cloud deployment/configuration in Azure (IaaS & PaaS) for new or existing vessels
- Create/maintain documentation for:
- Station software usage by operators or traffic controllers
- Vessel, Station & Cloud software deployment/configuration
- IT environment
- Develop deployment/monitoring tools with Python, Visual Studio, PowerShell or C#
- Maintain and secure our server infrastructure.
- General IT systems monitoring (Cacti, PRTG & Azure monitoring)
- General IT maintenance, support, and documentation
👇 Does this sounds like you?
Bachelor, Master or PhD Degree in Engineering (e.g. Computer science, Cybernetics, mechatronics ) or Science (Mathematics, Physics)
- Experience with Windows (Server) administration (AD, DC, DNS, GPO, Intune...)
- Experience/knowledge of Linux operating system
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure, mainly Microsoft Azure
- Insight in network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, SSL, ...
- Experience/knowledge of monitoring tools (e.g. specifically Cacit, PRTG & Azure monitoring)
- Experience in scripting (Python, Bash, Powershell, ...)
- 3+ years of experience in system administration and support or ICT infrastructure implementations
- Hands-on IT system/network administration
- Affinity with software development and DevOps in a .NET & Azure environment
- You like taking charge and have good communication and social skills
🤝 What’s our offer?
Seafar is the only technology and service company within the autonomous shipping sector that is commercially operating at scale. By joining Seafar you would:
- Be accelerating your career at an innovative and unique maritime tech company in full growth mode, with lots of exciting challenges to crack
- Work on building from the ground up the technology and service company transforming the shipping industry
- Get offered a salary tailored to your needs
- Making an impact in collaboration with a team of enthusiastic and determined colleagues just like you
- Be celebrating many industry firsts – ever landed on the moon? That’s how it feels like when working at Seafar!
Don't hesitate to apply! Get on board because we need you over here!